Source: Iryna Imago/Shutterstock.com
When a friend is grieving or going through a loss, the words “I’m sorry” sometimes don’t feel like enough. Put together a care package with a variety of things they’ll appreciate, like comfort food and cute stuffed animals when you can’t be there with them in person. This care package will remind your dear friend that you’re thinking of them and are always there to support them through hard times. If you’re looking for tips on how to show a grieving friend you care, we’ve put together a list of what you can put in a care package for your grieving friend.
1. Groceries and Meals in a Box — When you’re busy grieving, the last thing you want to do is worry about buying groceries or cooking. Send them a grocery package with some basic staples or gourmet treats they’ll appreciate. Send them easy meals that they can just cook on the stovetop or stick into the oven and microwave. It’s one less thing they’ll have to worry about.
2. Cleaning Help — Let’s say sending gifts isn’t really your thing, and you prefer to do things for your friend and show them you care. You can hire a housecleaning service for the day, or you can even show up to their home and help them tidy up. The same way they probably haven’t had the bandwidth to get grocery supplies, they haven’t had a chance to clean at home either.
3. Stuffed Animal Care Package — Stuffed animals work perfectly as a care package for both adults and little ones. They’ll love the look and feel of these new plushy animal friends. If you know their favorite animal, send them one like a giraffe stuffed animal that’s sure to bring a much-needed smile to their face.Browse Our Cute Stuffed Animals
4. Spa Gift Basket — Everyone needs a chance to relax, even on our best days. Inspire your friend to practice self-care by sending them a spa gift basket. The gift basket can include items that they can use at home, like a bath bomb, bubble bath foam and loofah. You can also include a gift card to a nearby spa so they can book a treatment of their choice.
5. Plant Sympathy Arrangement — Plants and flowers are a timeless gift. If you want to give them a plant that will last a long time while remaining easy to take care of, get them a low-maintenance succulent plant. You can get a personalized plant holder for the occasion to send your regards.
6. Photo Memories Package — According to the Recovery Village, there are so many different causes of grief. A few common ones include the death of a loved one, divorce or even job loss. If your friend is going through any of these or any other kind of grief, create a DIY photo memories package for them. It can be photos of them and their loved ones that they lost. If they’re going through a divorce, perhaps photos of you two enjoying life during your single days together will remind them that happiness will be possible again. If they lost a job, perhaps give a collage of inspirational quotes and things that you admire about them and their work ethic.Send a Care Package Today
With any of these care package ideas, you can mix and match different ones together. If your friend would appreciate a stuffed animal with a spa day, mix those together. Be sure to always include a thoughtful note from yourself to remind your friend you’re always there for them. Even when they’re going through a challenging time, the best you can do is support them in all the little ways. A small care package can make a big impression.