We’re all dealing with some kind of stress. In fact, according to the American Institute of Stress, about 33 percent of people report feeling extreme stress. When you or someone you love is going through a trying time, just telling them, “I’m here for you,” doesn’t always feel like enough. Show them you care by putting together a care package or a personalized basket. From sending them a spa day in a basket to a cuddly cow stuffed animal for them to hold, here are seven tips for creating the ultimate stress relief gift basket.
- Send Them Something Practical — Sometimes, we just need something practical when we’re stressed out. Flowers are nice to look at and chocolate is tasty, but the person who’s stressed out beyond relief is probably too busy to even cook a proper meal for themselves. Don’t let them worry about basic tasks like cooking dinner or buying groceries during rush hour. Send them a meal delivery subscription. All they have to do is stick it in the microwave or oven.
- Send a Friend in a Box — People of all ages get stressed out. People of all ages can also use stuffed animals to help reduce stress. These cuddly and cute stuffed animals look and feel like a warm hug. The animals don’t even have to be real animals they see every day. You can inspire their imagination and put a smile on their face when they see a mythical creature like a unicorn on their doorstep.
- Check Something Off the To-Do List — If they appreciate practical gifts, they’ll also appreciate you helping them check something off their ever-growing to-do list. You can get them a gift card to a cleaning or babysitting service. If they’re stressed out about all the things they have to clean around the house or yet another night of taking care of the kids, give them a break and let someone else clean the home or watch the kids for a few hours so they can relax and recharge.
- Liven Up Their Home — Give them a gift that will really liven up their home, like some greenery. You don’t have to get them flowers that will wilt away the moment they don’t have enough water or sunlight. Get them a low-maintenance plant like a cactus or succulent so they won’t have to stress out about taking care of yet another thing on their to-do list.
- Spa Day in a Basket — If they don’t have time to go to the spa, the least you can do is bring the spa to them. Gift them a spa day in a basket. The spa basket can include things like a loofah, bubble bath foam and a tealight candle. If they do have time to get out of the house, then you can also give them a gift card to a local spa so they can get a massage from a professional.
- Get Them Out of the House — Get them out of their own head and out of the house. You two can do new experiences together for the ultimate stress relief. You can give them a gift card for Groupon or LivingSocial to book experiences to try something new. It can be a weekend trip to a winery. It can be a cooking class you two take together. Maybe there’s a crazy workout you two have always wanted to try.
- Make It Personal — Last, but certainly not least, you can combine any or all of these gift ideas to make the ultimate stress relief gift basket. If you don’t have the time or ability to make your own personal gift basket, go online and send them gift bundles that do all the work for you. It’s the thought that counts, and it will be obvious that you put in a lot of thought into these sweet gifts.